A proxy server is used to replace the device’s IP address. This happens by intercepting the user’s request for access to the required resource, replacing the real IP with the proxy IP address, and only then sending an access request to the server where the site is located.
All browsers can pull up proxy settings from system settings, but Mozilla Firefox is the only browser that allows you to set your own proxy server settings.
How to get SOCKS Proxy
To use a SOCKS proxy in browser you have to get access to it. You can get a proxy on https://5socks.net.
Follow these steps:
- Go to https://admin.5socks.net and login in your account.
- After successful login you will see the admin panel where you can search proxy by specific parameters or get a full proxy list.
- The simplest way to get a proxy - List Proxys option. Click on this button. It will open a new page with all active proxys.
- Click on any proxy in HostName column, you will see a pop-up window.
- Click on “click here to view” button. Our system will check proxy’s status and if it’s ok, it will show IP and PORT. Copy them.
How to setup Proxy in Firefox
- Press the button with three horizontal stripes to open the main menu.
- Choose Settings
- Scroll the settings screen down to the “Network Settings” section and click on “Settings…” button
- Select “Manual proxy configuration”
- Choose “SOCKS 5” proxy
- Paste your IP and Port
- Click on “OK”
How to check your new IP
Check your current IP on http://ipleak.com
Proxy setup completed! Your IP has changed and now you can surf the Internet safely.